Wondering what to get your favorite gal? Whether it’s your bestie, your partner, sister or friend – we have some great gifts for all of the leading ladies in your life!
1. This Prisma Gold Frame is so cute and is the perfect touch of glam to any space. The geometric planes allow this frame to be showcased from a myriad of sides. Perfect for the home or office!
2. Our Custom Stamp Gift Box is a bestseller for a reason! This gift is the best for new home occupants, new grads, hostesses and more! The box includes a self-inking stamper, one black ink cartridge and one gift certificate that allows your recipient to customize a stamp plate online. Directions on how to redeem and a unique certificate code are included with each gift set purchase. Plus, this great gift is now Buy One, Get One 50% Off through Christmas 2014! Stock up on multiples for future use!
3. The brand new Heart of Gold Mug is so simple and chic. A lovely sentiment that your recipient will see daily!
4. Look ahead to 2015 with this Rifle Mint Floral Journal. Exclusively at Paper Source, this soft and feminine design features lined pages for daily entries or notes.
5. Help your favorite gal get organized! This Paper Source 2015 Mint & Confetti Planner makes a bold statement with a subdued mint and gold foil embellishment. The string-bound planner lays completely flat and is hard-covered for durability!
6. Ok, we know what you’re thinking. A pen, really? But this classic gift is a great go-to for new grads, or as a congratulations on a new job. The Kate Spade Polka Dot Ballpoint Pen comes packaged in an effortlessly chic box with the phrase “She writes to-do lists for her to-do lists.” on the inside. A fancy stocking stuffer or thoughtful standalone gift!
In this special edition of Weekend Wants, our Art Director, Karen Davis, tells us some of her favorite things from The Land of Nod!
One visit to The Land of Nod and I was in love! I was just out of college and the bright colors and nostalgic toys and art drew me in – and without any babies or kids in my life, I bought a vintage spirograph for my sister and a big box of craft supplies for myself! Fast forward a few years to 6 adorable nieces and nephews, and The Land of Nod has been my #1 holiday and birthday destination. And then, last year, my guy and I welcomed a little one of our own. It has been a year of pure, absolute joy. The Land of Nod has been such a fun part of our journey, from our nursery decor, to thoughtful and colorful toys, musical instruments, snuggly animal friends and books. Here are a few of my favorites!
Greater Pyramid Blocks. I am ALL about the color of these blocks. This was my son’s first Christmas gift! We also used them to make a sweet Valentine message for our families (pictured below).
The Day the Crayons Quit. This book cracks me up. As someone who took extreme measures to keep her box of 64 Crayola crayons pristine and out of reach of younger sisters, I love the personification of the crayons and their feelings about the difficulties they face in their jobs.
On the Go Travel Puzzle (Space). I love puzzles. My son and I have been doing this space puzzle together since he could sit up, and my husband just shakes his head at me… obviously no 6 month old (now 16 month old), is able to put together a 100 piece puzzle! But it is a fun activity we do together, and one day we will put it all together!
Extracurricular Play Table. This table is on my Christmas list for this year. I think it’s so wonderful for little ones to have their own special place to go, and have special projects to work on. We already have a little art bin with my son’s paints, papers and crayons. Scissors too. Again, my husband just shakes his head.
Artist Collective Poster Kit (Jon Cannell). And speaking of arts and crafts, how cool is this coloring book with wonderful illustrations?!
Wolfgang Amadeus Jr. Piano. My husband loves music, and so his mom bought this little piano for our son for his first birthday. It is so cute, he loves playing it, and my husband loves the unique sound, and plans to use it in a recording. When my son is not playing it, Lion sits a turn at the keys!
Thanks to Karen for this roundup! If you’d like to take a look at The Land of Nod’s favorite things from Paper Source, click here. And, as a special offer to Paper Source customers, use the code: NODDY for 15% off Toys at The Land of Nod! Hurry up, offer ends December 18, 2014!
1. We are obsessed with this Lille Huset Dollhouse. The company aims to cultivate creativity in children, and designs their dollhouses with minimal decoration to foster imagination (considering our mission is to inspire you to “Do Something Creative Every Day,” we’re definitely on board). The house comes empty, but we decked it out with washi tape, ribbon and stickers. You can download free printables or start from scratch! Either way, your little one will love creating their own space.
3. Snowball fights have never been so fun! These battery powered LED Gloves light up and contain settings to control the color and type of light (solid or changing)! Have a nighttime snowball fight with these fun mitts!
4. Perfect for your little warrior! This one size fits most kids’ Viking Hat will make going out in the cold a little more fun.
5. Make a movie! If you have a budding filmmaker, this is the toy for you! This Clay Animation Movie Kit allows kids to use the included backdrops, props and clay to create their very own film by snapping a pic with a smartphone. A free app download combines the pictures to create a movie that can be played back for the whole family.
6. Whether your child is the next Picasso, or unable to color inside the lines, this Xonex Just Art Set is the perfect gift to get them in touch with their artistic side. It includes color pencils, pastels, watercolors, brushes and more!
Join us for the first installment of our holiday gift guide series! This week we’re looking at some of our favorite picks for those special men in your life.
1. This newly updated Gentleman’s Wash Bag is perfect for the frequent traveler in your life. It’s sturdy with a classic look (the bag has a Navy felt finish), and has plenty of room to store all the essentials. The liner protects from spills on the go and is embossed with the quote, “What goes on tour…”
2. Keep your guy’s Benjamins (or, um, Washingtons) in order with this Money Clip. It’s brass-plated and engraved with the phrase “For You,” giving the gift a special touch that seems personalized. If you want to go above and beyond, include some money already in the clip as a fun alternative to a gift card.
3. Perfect for the music lover, these Authentic Record Coasters are actually made with old LPs. The colorful artwork varies by package/what records are on hand, so each bundle is a surprise. Will add a unique pop of color to any home.
4. If you’re buying for a classic and chic man, this might be the perfect gift. The Heritage Plaid Vacuum Bottle not only keeps beverages warm for up to 18 hours, it features the company’s original pattern from its launch 50 years ago! It also includes two cups that fit within each other; perfect for sharing. (And if you want the complete look, a matching Lunchbox Kit is also available.)
5. A fun way to serve up your dude’s favorite beer. These Big Rig Beer Tumblers are 100% recycled glass from reclaimed bottles of yore.
6. Journaling is definitely cool for men with this Cavallini Toscana Journal. Lined pages are bound in soft and supple bonded leather and closed tight with a leather tie closure.
Do you have a favorite? Tell us what you’re planning for your favorite guy!
Our gift buyer Katie M. has a pretty sweet gig–she’s in charge of deciding what gift items we carry (which is basically anything besides calendars, journals and stationery that could be gifted). From the wacky to the truly divine, Katie is responsible for curating a unique selection of great finds. Here are three of her favorite gifts for the Holiday season!
For a festive drink. “This Moscow Mule Mug makes a fabulous gift for the holiday season, and you won’t find a better price! While I love the Moscow Mule just as much as Oprah, there are some fun twists on the cocktail that make it perfect for the winter. Try this recipe as a featured drink at your next party!”
Tech upgrade. “I’m so excited our iPhone 6 cases are arriving at Paper Source! I really like this Rifle design because of its elegant simplicity. Whether your iPhone is Gold, Silver or Space Gray, the clear case allows the color of the phone to become part of the design. Even though it features a rubber bumper and hard outer shell, this case won’t give your phone too much bulk!”
A year of inspiration. “One of my favorite items to gift, especially during the holidays. This 365 Lovely Thoughts Pad from Sugarboo contains a thought or quote for each day of the year. It always seems to provide the bit of knowledge or inspiration I need for any given day. Here is a sample quote for this weekend, on November 30th:
“Kiss your life. Accept it, just as it is. Today. Now. So that those moments of happiness you’re waiting for don’t pass you by.”
A great reminder to focus on the positives and bits of happiness that happen every single day and to not dwell too much on the past or worry too much about the future.
Stay grateful long past your turkey dinner with these unique journals. With the busy holiday season quickly approaching, these thoughtful books are a wonderful way to slow down and reflect on your year.
Why not give the gift of gratitude? Charming designs and engaging writing prompts make these diaries a great present for yourself or a friend.
This cheerful Gratitude Journal is filled with a year’s worth of insightful prompts, inspiring quotes, and ample room for your own reflection. Based on positive psychology exercises, this journal helps focus your mind on the little joys of daily life. Brightly colored and beautifully designed, this journal will add a little bit of sunshine to even the gloomiest winter day.
The soft linen cover and beautifully illustrated pages of Happily Grateful makes it a great addition to your coffee table this Thanksgiving. Filled with inspiring messages of gratitude, this lovely little book is a wonderful compliment to your joyful holiday celebrations.
Looking for a quick way to capture your thoughts? The Five-Minute Journal is your perfect fit. This book offers short morning and evening prompts to inspire your day from beginning to end. With weekly goal setting and positive thought starters, this little linen journal is great way to stay positive when you’re on-the-go.
We know, we know… its not even Thanksgiving yet- but we are just bursting with fun ideas for holiday gifts!
Here is a quick preview of some of our favorite products for the upcoming season. Whether you’re brainstorming gift ideas for your dad or your daughter’s favorite teacher, we have thoughtful presents for everyone on your list.
For the Guys
Whether you’re looking for a fun gift for a silly bachelor or a sophisticated present for a modern man, our Gifts For Him Pinterest board has holiday ideas for all the men in your life.
Here’s one go-to choice that is sure to please. This brass-plated money clip is a practical and personal choice for any guy. It comes in a simple but sophisticated gift box for a modern look that is easy to wrap. This sweet gift even comes with the message ” for you” engraved on the back- but you can tell him you had it personalized. We won’t tell.
For your Gals
Whether the women in your life are animal-lovers or book worms, perfect hostesses or a jet setters, we have the right gift for all of your ladies. Our Gifts for Her Pinterest board offers plenty of ideas to help you find a unique holiday gift.
One of our favorite gifts this year is our customized journals! These personalized books let you choose the perfect design. Choose from over 40 different exclusive cover artwork then add the lucky recipient’s name in their favorite font. You can even choose the style of your pages-blank, lined, graph, or datebook.
We’ve collected all of our favorite gifts for kids on our (you guessed it) Gifts for Kids Pinterest board! Our guide is overflowing with fun options, but here are two we just can’t help but mention.
This Lille Huset Paper Dollhouse is the perfect match for a crafty kid. The kit is easy to assemble and take apart and includes paper cutouts for wall art and decorating. The adorable layout is made from 100% recycled paper materials and the walls are laminated for easy redecorating.
Your little designer will love making this house their own. Fill the rooms with your own furnishings made from Paper Source papers, washi tape and stickers (not included- but adorable) for a truly unique paper home.
Lights, camera, ACTION! Your little director will love creating mini movies with this Clay Animation Movie Kit. This set includes everything you need to create your own scenes: modeling clay, backdrops, camera stand, and, of course, googly eyes! Once the scene is set, capture your story with a camera phone (not included) and use the free downloadable app to create your own fun production. This set is a great choice for all your creative kiddos (8 and up).
For the Creative & Crafty
Every creative mind needs a great space to work. This All-Purpose Folding Table makes a great gift for any crafty friend. Compact and sleek, this table easily folds up to save space. The framed chalkboard is a perfect place to draft artsy ideas or write a favorite inspirational quote and is visible whether the table is down or tucked away. Both practical and personal, this simple design has plenty of storage for crafty materials. This thoughtful gift is sure to spark the imagination of any crafty companion.
Looking for more unique ideas for your artsy friend? Check out our Gifts for Creatives page on our website for more gift ideas.
We give our Gifts for Teachers webpage an A+. From unique desk calendars to fun magnets for the white board, we have plenty of ideas for your favorite teacher.
Why not give a gift a teacher will use all year long? Our Custom Stamp Set lets your favorite teacher choose a personalized stamp for their classroom. This self-inking stamp will make labeling easy- we can’t say the same for grading all those papers.
Festive shots. Get the party started with these festive Skull Shot Glasses. The gold artwork makes an impactful statement without being cheesy!
Wipe Down. A graphic skull and bold pattern takes center stage in this set of three Sugar Skull Tea Towels. They come wrapped in a natural bow and make a great hostess gift!
Not so cookie cutter. Nothing looks sweet about these treats! Make some festive cookies with these unique Sugar Skull Cookie Cutters!
It’s almost Halloween and we’re ready to party! Throw your little ghouls and goblins a Monster Mash Bash with these easy tricks and treats.
Your little monsters will howl for these adorable door designs. Just paste black paper circles to the back of paper plates to create eyes for your monster. Streamers and cut paper make great hair for your monster and our pre-cut spiders add an easy, creepy touch to any door.
Greet your guests a scary start by playing a Halloween soundtrack or sound machine.
These little monsters are too cute to be scary. They’re simple to make. Just fluff our pre-made tissue pom poms, cut some black and white circles for eyes, and glue together for fun and frightful monsters. Hang from the ceiling or use as table decorations.
Your guests will gobble up these bright and silly monster cookies.
Wrap coffee cans with fun Halloween paper tape, add some monster eyes and stack for a fun ball-toss carnival game. You could also fill balloons with a small treat, add silly faces and let your little ones pick a balloon to pop.
Your guests will love getting crafty with these fun creatures. Build your own creepy paper monsters using this fun kit then use your dolls to put on a puppet show!
When your Monster Mash is done, send your guests home with these spirited treat bags.
Decorate colorful paper bags with a silly and simple paper face. Our paper punches make cutting perfect circles a snap. Flag-shaped or triangle punches make great teeth for your little ghouls. When you’re done, fill with little zany treats like the ones below to thrill your visitors.