Easter is just around the corner (it’s Sunday, April 20!) and we can’t wait to celebrate!
If you’re making Easter a family get-together, there’s no better way to celebrate than doing some crafts with everyone. We love this Egg Garland Kit for a few reasons: not only does it get everyone together to make something, it’s a lot less messy than “traditional” Easter egg decorating (but you still get to design your own!) and it also doubles as festive décor when you’re finished.
Now that you’ve got your place decorated for the holiday, it’s time to figure out what the “Easter Bunny” will be bringing. But first you’ll need a basket! We love these non-traditional options that are super cute!
To make sure your little one loves their basket fillings, check out these goodies! From a bunny popper that can be used as a fun weapon, to a little bunny that can walk itself across the table, to lip gloss that looks just as sweet as it tastes, you can’t go wrong with any of our tiny treats.And if you’re looking to add a fun twist to this year’s celebration, try our Funny Bunny Mask Kit, perfect for impromptu photo ops with all your loved ones!
In addition to being online, these Easter finds are available at most Paper Source locations.
As Easter approaches, we here at Paper Source are getting excited to celebrate with family and friends. Whether it’s making one of our Easter kits, or finding the perfect little gift to welcome spring, we’re gearing up for a fun experience.
This year we’re thrilled to bring confetti eggs to everyone, and we’re excited to share a fun Easter tradition that might be new to some of you!
These eggs, referred to as cascarones, are festively-dyed and have been hollowed out and filled with colorful confetti. They’re extremely popular in Mexico and the Southwestern United States during Easter festivities (and various other events like Cinco de Mayo, Carnaval, etc.). So what do you do with them? … You smash them!
It might sound crazy, but breaking one over a loved one’s head is said to bring good luck. Showering a friend with confetti isn’t just fun…it’s a blessing of good fortune (and a display of affection). Some also combine it with the tradition of hiding eggs—for an extra special Easter egg hunt that ends with a confetti war!
Is this a popular tradition near you? Tell us how you celebrate with Easter eggs below!
The moment to announce the winners of our Holiday Crafting Contest is here – thank you to everyone who participated this year! Our lucky winners will be receiving a Paper Source gift card in the mail soon!
Card Making Category:
1st Place: Ode to Charlie Brown Part 1
2nd Place: The Present
3rd Place: Christmas Flower
1st Place: Chevron Christmas
Second Place: Polka Dotty Present
Third Place: Gift Tag Tea Bags
1st Place: Water Bottle Decorations
2nd Place: Peppermint Bark – Fresh from the Forest
3rd Place: Sweets for My Teacher
As promised, we are also revealing our Employee Card Contest Winners. To see more of the submissions, check out this post.
#1 Scottsdale Store: Advent Calendar Card
#2 Deer Park Store: Cookie Box Card
#3 Minneapolis Store: 12 Days of Christmas
Congratulations to all!!
As we sit at the beginning of a new year, we’re taking a little time to reflect on all the good times and get-togethers we’ve had with families and friends in 2013, facilitated by a little creativity and a lot of gorgeous paper! (Hint: don’t miss a chance to win at the end of this blog!)
We first revisit Stephen C.’s gorgeous train-ticket inspired wedding invitations. His invitations demonstrate that minimal, high quality materials like our #10 gold shimmer envelopes and #10 notecards are enough to really make your own design ingenuity shine!
Next, we created a simple yet glamorous Oscars Party using gold chevron as our theme. Last year, we used wrapping paper for placemats, but now, we have fantastic, customizable placemats in a variety of colors and designs including the very Oscar-worthy Gold Confetti!
In the summer, we threw an outer space-themed baby shower for our beloved art director, Karen. Small details and simple supplies made all the difference in this ethereal bash: a sundae bar with celestial-themed toppings, hand-painted onesies themed after the solar system, and a gorgeous, hand-painted keepsake box to hold them in!
Later in the year, we were inspired by Houston customer Kristina’s paper wedding décor! Kristina proved that a small wedding budget makes for a no less gorgeous experience than an expensive one. Her pool-colored pompoms, pinwheels, and large-scale paper flowers created a festive and personal atmosphere; after all, most of the decorations were made by herself and a bridesmaid. She even created her own miniature pinwheel cake-topper!
We’re looking forward to 365 more days of making everyday celebrations extraordinary! That’s what we love so much about partying with paper: it’s beautiful, economical, and best of all– with the advice of any Paper Source store associate or this blog– incredibly easy to realize your creative vision for your next event.
So, to send this year off right, we’d like to turn it over to you: what is one of the best party hosting/decorating tips you’ve ever learned from Paper Source? Tell us in the comments, and one lucky winner will receive a $100 gift card!
Comment by January 9, 2014. Winner will be selected at random on January 10th and notified via email.
UPDATE** We have a winner! Thank you Amy B. for this little gem: “I especially loved the how-to tassel garland you shared with us back in July. So festive and fun, this garland will truly make any occasion extra special. Your tutorials and great ideas will definitely help as I prepare to host my sister-in-laws upcoming baby shower! I love you Paper Source!”
A great, big thank you to all of you for your readership, participation and creativity!
Every year, we put our store teams’ creative skills to the test with an Employee Holiday Card Contest. Over the past couple of weeks, brightly-decorated envelopes have been showing up in our mailbox and now all the submissions are in! Votes (from employees in our HQ) have been tallied and winners have been selected – but we can’t tell you who they are quite yet!
Look for our post in January to learn who came out on top! And in the meantime, take a look at some of our favorite submissions (and feel free to predict which cards landed 1st, 2nd and 3rd place).
We hope you are feeling inspired, because it’s not too late to enter our customer Holiday Crafting Contest!
Hear that sound? It’s the sound of recipe books cracking open, their contents ripe for gleaning holiday cookies, cakes and pies for enjoying at home or better yet- sharing with others!
We’ll leave the expert baking (or tasteful selecting) up to you, but where it concerns presentation, we’ve got you all wrapped up.
For small treats, like candy or chocolates, our favor bags are crisp and classy! Cello bags come in both clear and holiday stripe varieties. We also have a nearly endless array of paper favor bags that can stamped, embossed and washi-taped to your decorative desire. Burlap bags are a perennial favorite and all can be ‘darlingly’ addressed to your lucky recipient using baker’s twine and hangtags!
For larger items, gift bags always fit the bill. Show your friends they truly take the cake (or bread!) with our individual loaf pans. And for those who would rather drink than dine, a bottle of wine or a special liquor is never out of place under the tree, especially when enrobed in one of our endlessly customizable wine bags.
Of course, as much as we love our bag offerings, not all edibles were made to travel in anything other than a box. Luckily, we’ve got plenty of answers for you there as well! Square Favor Boxes and Pillow Favor Boxes dress up easily with satin ribbon. Kraft boxes make homemade treats handsome, and with the swift addition of a bit of holiday wrap and ribbon, twine or string, you’ll make your gift the envy of all poor cookies smothered under red plastic wrap on a paper plate.
Let baking be the hard part, because with Paper Source, wrapping it up is easy as pie!
Continuing our Holiday Gift Guide, here are some ideas for stocking stuffers! The best gifts don’t always come in big packages. Give these ‘small somethings’ in stockings or on their own…they’re sure to make a big impression!
Fun & Silly
- Sock Monkey: A new twist on the classic toy! Stretch, shape, pull and tie! $3.95
- World’s Smallest Laser Guns: Set of 2 mini laser guns light-up and have fun sound effects activated by pressing the trigger. $4.95
- Melting Snowman Putty: Mold this snowman and watch it melt before your eyes. Then do it all over again! $11.95
- The Number Two Pencil: Kids (and many adults) will definitely find the humor. $4.95
- Glow-in-the-Dark Ping Pong Set: Great for kids of all ages. Includes everything you need to get the game going anywhere. $15.95
- Dog Butt Magnets: These unique dogs may not “sit” or fetch the paper, but they certainly will “stay.” $11.95
- Fingernail Friends Zoo Nail Art: Great for young girls! Also comes in butterflies. (Not pictured.) $6.95
Fun & Useful
- Survival Credit Card: Be ready for anything with this handy tool that conveniently fits in any wallet. Includes can opener, knife edge, screwdriver, ruler, 4-position wrench, butterfly screw wrench, saw blade, 2-position wrench, key chain hole and bottle opener. Stainless steel. $4.95
- Gold Stripe Minimergency Kit: Everything a girl might need for an everyday challenge. Includes everything from hairspray to stain remover to nail polish. $16.95
- Power Bank Charger: For those unexpected power failures. Contains a mini USB cord and charge adapters for the iPhone 4/4S and 5, and Samsung devices. Store in the colored zipper pouch. $21.95
- Kate Spade Erasers: Fun erasers with bright pops of color! $14.95
- 8-in-1 Screwdriver: A handy multi-tool with storage for 8 screw bits. $5.95
Festive & Yummy
- Peppermint Bark Coffee: For a festive start to the day. $9.95
- Bacon Jelly Beans: Bacon taste without the artery clogging! $6.95
- Coal Bubble Gum: For the naughty ones on your list. $6.50
- Pooping Reindeer: This little guy dispenses cola flavored jelly beans when you push on his tail. $6.95
- Joy Love Cheer Holiday Tea Travel Tin: Take this Holiday Spice Blend with you wherever you go. $5.95
Here are some of our favorites for the holidays…
If you’re not sure where to start, we’re featuring our holiday gift wrap in collections this year — making inspiration easy to come by! Our design team grouped many necessities together to make coordinating your packages a painless task.
If you want a sleeker look, check out the ever-popular Sophisticated Classics. The deep colors and classic icons create an elegant story. One of the best things about our wrapping paper is pairing traditional (like our Slate Pine Branch design) with modern (like our Slate Chevron or Red Glitter styles) for a fun yet cohesive look that carries across all your packages.
We also have a large assortment of single sheet styles that offer even more ways to personalize and style a package this holiday.
Add a flourish to your gift with decorative ribbon, gift tags, stamps and stickers. Or, pick from our collection of gifts and ornaments to accents your gift. We like the idea of adding one of our whimisical ornaments as a finishing touch. Here are just a few of our suggested pairings.
How will you wrap this year? Share your expert tips or tell us what style will take the stage this holiday.
The holiday season is in full swing and we might not be Santa Claus, but we’re pretty sure we’ve got the perfect gift for everyone on your list! Enjoy our top holiday gift picks below, brought to you by our Gift Buyer, Katie Mulligan.
- Kate Spade Pencil Case: This delightfully chic collection of items make great gifts for anyone who has an affinity for Kate Spade or who appreciates beautiful and bold graphics. I love the idea of using this as a chic clutch! $29.95
- Chevron Tote Bag: This durable yet chic tote bag is the perfect carry-all bag for any occasion! A stylish gift for women of all ages. $26.95
- iPhone Covers: From bold and bright to soft and sweet, to fun and quirky–we have iPhone covers (for iPhone 4 and 5) sure to match any personality! $29.95 and up
- Buff & Shine Shoe Polish Kit: This shoe shine kit is the perfect gift for working Don Drapers men everywhere. Contains two tins of polish in neutral and black, two brushes each with ‘Looking Buff’ and ‘Rise & Shine’ inscribed, plus cleaning cloth. $25.95
- Beardo Hat: For the quirky guys in your life! A hilarious way to keep warm this winter! $29.99
- Fish Flask: Drink like fish…from a fish! A great gift for some who loves to fish or simply appreciates a funny flask. $27.95
- Guide to American Whiskey, Bourbon & Rye: This book is a perfect suggestion for someone interested in how to assess and pair whiskey with delicious foods. Each Whiskey suggestion comes with a large, glossy photo of the bottle and color of the whiskey— making it easy to find at your local store for an at-home tasting! $24.95
- Flip Flop Bracelets: These trendy bracelets come in a spectrum of colors, making it easy for your teen to accessorize any outfit. They also are environmentally conscious – handmade from recycled flip flops in Mali, West Africa! 10 for $9.50
- Secret Message Writing Set: Let your kiddos practice their espionage skills with this Secret Message Writing Set. Whatever they write with the special pens remains invisible until it’s viewed with the UV “blacklight” in the pen cap. $7.95
- Light Up Football: This cool 8 inch long foam football has LED glowing light-up strips along the side, making it bright and colorful for night time play! Lights can be turned off and on. Lasts over 24 continuous hours. $19.95
- Fun Loom Kit: The ultimate gift for girls of all ages! This Fun Loom kit allows them to create awesome silicone band bracelets and more and comes with one loom, one hook and 300 loops. $14.95
For the Cook:
- iSpoon Stylus: Whether you’re snacking while browsing your next Pinterest recipe or referencing your iPad while you cook, this spoon stylus keeps your gadget mess-free in the kitchen! $8.95
- Obsessive Chef Cutting Board: Cooking is as much a science as it is an art, and science requires precision. I always watch in awe at my favorite sushi restaurant at the great care the chefs take in cutting their tuna into millimeters thick slices. This cutting board is sure help guide your knife with exacting measurements, precise angles, and handy definitions. Learn just how small a julienne is, and get it right next time! $26.95
- Rifle Recipe Box: Each box Includes 12 letter-pressed dividers & 24 recipe cards. For a special touch, handwrite a few of your favorite recipes for the recipient. I particularly love this as a gift for winter brides! Help the happy couple start off their new adventure with a beautiful recipe box and some treasured recipes to pass from one family to another. $34.95
For the Host/Hostess:
- Host Wine Aerator: No need to let wine breath for hours! This one-of-a-kind aerator contains a flow meter for dependable aeration levels every time. Covers up to 6 hours of decanting instantly and strains out unwanted sediment. Bring with a bottle of wine for the perfect gift! $39.95
- Corkcicle Wine Chiller: Keeping wine at just the right temperature is tough for any hostess. Keep wine the perfect temperature with the Corkcicle which won’t dilute! $26.95