Make your Valentine’s Day gift extra-special with this hand-crafted mini Heart of Gold box!
- How-To PDF
- Heart Vanilla Craft Box
- Superfine Softwhite Cover Weight Paper
- Metallic Glitter Pack
- Gold Foil Lace Tape
- Gold Shimmer Twine
- Gold Glitter Heart Stickers
- Gold Pen
- PVA Adhesive
- 1″ Poly Brush
- Tag Paper Punch
- 1/8″ Hole Punch
- Download How-To PDF.
- Use brush to cover top and sides of box lid with PVA adhesive and sprinkle generously with gold glitter.
- Shake off any excess and allow to dry.
- If necessary, add more adhesive and glitter on any bare spots.
- Adhere gold foil lace tape in place around sides of box base.
- Punch out Superfine Softwhite cover weight paper using tag punch and create a hole at the top of the newly created tag using the 1/8″ punch.
- Position a gold glitter heart sticker as desired on tag and adhere in place.
- Write message using gold pen.
Make your home merry and bright this holiday season with one of our festive craft kits. These decorations are both fun and festive! Our garlands, wreaths, and advent calendars will add a splash of Christmas color to any room and are perfect for holiday entertaining.
Hang our classic Merry Christmas Garland on your mantel or use it to trim your tree. All you need to do is string together these pre-embellished, glittery pennants with the darling red baking twine included in the kit. It pairs beautifully with our colorful Felt Triangle Garland to trim your tree or spruce up a table edge. Plus, this bright banner comes completely assembled and ready to hang!
Create bright blooms for your front door, mirror, or your mantel with our Poinsettia Wreath Kit. This versatile wreath is a charming addition to any room and can be displayed in many creative ways!
Here are three ideas for how to display this beautiful craft:
Add a splash of color to your holiday decor with this fun craft project previously featured in Women’s Day! This retro-inspired candy stripe design is sure to impress your guests. We’ve posted a step-by-step guide below to help you make your own!
Simply print our How To PDF, gather a few simple materials, put on some hot chocolate and get craftin’!
- Small Bookboard Wreath Form
- 1 Box Red Stripe Paper Straws
- 25mm Satin Ribbon
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Cut 50 Straws down to 6 1/2″, leaving the rest of the straws at their full length.
- Apply a dab of hot glue near the center of the wreath form. Adhere a full length straw so that the end is flush with the center edge of the wreath form, creating a clean wreath “hole”, then continue gluing and affixing straws, alternating short straws with long ones until the wreath form is completely covered.
- Remove any hot glue threads from the wreath.
- Tie a bow using the Clover ribbon and glue in place.
- To hang, glue a small loop of matching ribbon to the back of the wreath form.
Make this sweet Christmas countdown with numbered cards, Washi Tape, cute Bakers Twine, and our adorable Red Mini Clothespins. Just arrange numbered cards in rows, cut and tape lengths of washi tape to a background or wall, and then hang cards using the clothespins. Check out the clever blog Scissors and Sage for step-by-step instructions and tips. Happy crafting!
Create a stage for your Nutcracker Dolls to shine!
- How-To PDF
- Music Banner
- Nutcracker Kit
- 8 1/2″ x 11″ Text Weight Paper in Superfine White
- Decorative Papers
- Patterned Shirt Gift Box
- Place Cards in various colors
- 1/4″ Satin Ribbon in various colors
- Christmas Washi Tape Set
- Christmas Tree A7 Shapes
- Adhesive Crystals
- Circle Hole Punch
- Super Tacky Tape
- Foam Squares
- Line the lid and bottom of the shirt box in desired paper.
- Using the lid of the box as the base, adhere the bottom of the box in an upright position as shown to create stage.
- Embellish tree as desired using glitter paper and adhesive crystals.
- Adhere tree to center of background using foam squares.
- Fold place cards at score line and trim into different size squares.
- Embellish as desired using washi tape and ribbon to create gift boxes. Adhere to stage as shown.
- Download the banner PDF and print.
- Cut out banner and adhere to front of stage.
- Assemble Nutcracker kit according to instructions and use theater to make your characters come to life!
It’s almost Halloween and we’re ready to party! Throw your little ghouls and goblins a Monster Mash Bash with these easy tricks and treats.
Your little monsters will howl for these adorable door designs. Just paste black paper circles to the back of paper plates to create eyes for your monster. Streamers and cut paper make great hair for your monster and our pre-cut spiders add an easy, creepy touch to any door.
Greet your guests a scary start by playing a Halloween soundtrack or sound machine.
These little monsters are too cute to be scary. They’re simple to make. Just fluff our pre-made tissue pom poms, cut some black and white circles for eyes, and glue together for fun and frightful monsters. Hang from the ceiling or use as table decorations.
Your guests will gobble up these bright and silly monster cookies.
Wrap coffee cans with fun Halloween paper tape, add some monster eyes and stack for a fun ball-toss carnival game. You could also fill balloons with a small treat, add silly faces and let your little ones pick a balloon to pop.
Your guests will love getting crafty with these fun creatures. Build your own creepy paper monsters using this fun kit then use your dolls to put on a puppet show!
When your Monster Mash is done, send your guests home with these spirited treat bags.
Decorate colorful paper bags with a silly and simple paper face. Our paper punches make cutting perfect circles a snap. Flag-shaped or triangle punches make great teeth for your little ghouls. When you’re done, fill with little zany treats like the ones below to thrill your visitors.
Create a striking mask display chock full of your personality!
- How-To PDF
- Paper Mache Skull Mask
- White Acrylic Paint
- Floral Stickers
- Patterned Washi Tape
- Stickles Glitter Glue
- Black Sharpie Pen
- 1/4″ Ribbon
- 1″ Heavy Duty Poly Brushes
- 1/8″ Hole Punch
- Download the How-To PDF
- Paint mask using poly brush and white paint.
- Allow to dry and paint a second coat.
- Once dry, use black Sharpie pen to outline eye and cheek hollows. Using the shape of the teeth as a guide, outline the mouth in black Sharpie pen as well.
- Draw circles, dots and lines as desired to decorate mask.
- Add color and flair to mask by layering patterned washi tape and flower stickers.
- Use Stickles glitter glue to add sparkle to your design. Allow Stickles to dry.
- To hang mask, use heavy duty 1/8″ hole punch to make a hole on either side of mask, approximately halfway between eyes and cheeks.
- Thread a length of ribbon through holes making knots on the front of the mask to secure.
- Hang & display!
Add easy reminders and fun pops of color with these DIY stickers; perfect for any Paper Source calendar!
- Download the How-To and Template PDFs.
- Print the stickers onto sheets of 1.25″ round labels.
- Peel and stick as desired to organize your schedule.
- Add fun tapes, markers and more to top it off!
- How-To PDF
- Flower Petal Templates
- 3-4 different colors and patterns of Fine Paper
- 2-3 Colors of 8 1/2″ x 11″ Text Weight Paper
- 1 Sheet of 20″ x 26″ Cover Weight Paper
- Circle Hole Punches (we used 1/4″, 1/2″, 1″ and 2 1/4″ circle punches and a 2″ Scallop Circle punch)
- Double-Sided Tape
- Foam Squares
- Frame (optional)
- Download How-To PDF and Flower Petal Templates
- To create the backer for your fine paper creation, trim a large sheet of cover weight paper to the desired size. (If framing, trim to fit inside frame.)
- Use sheet of flower templates to trace and cut petals from fine papers.
- Layer the shapes to create blooms; mixing and matching patterns and colors.
- Adhere the shapes together using both double-sided tape and foam squares as desired to create dimension.
- Create the centers of the blooms by punching circles in a variety of sizes and colors.
- Cut, fringe, punch and layer circles (see diagram on How-To PDF).
- Adhere center in place.
- Arrange blooms as desired onto backer and adhere composition in place.
One of our favorite and simplest ways to get crafty is….with tape! We love washi and paper tape! With these DIY projects, your everyday items will look new, colorful and fun. Washi tape originates from Japan and has a typical masking tape texture, but is far from dull and beige. Washi tape is most often made from the bark of trees native to Japan (this is why some tape that is similar to washi tape is simply called paper tape if it does not come from Japan).
Washi tape can literally be used on anything. It appears delicate but can actually withstand a lot. The best part? If you don’t like where you put it, just take it right off. It won’t damage or leave sticky marks on anything! It is the easiest DIY crafting you’ll ever do, so even if you think you aren’t too crafty this will quickly change your mind.
We offer multiple different styles and designs of tape – washi tape being just one of them. Below you’ll see what we’ve done to add a little color to things that you can find around your home. In addition to the washi tape, we just couldn’t help but get our hands on the Paper Source-designed Gold Foil Lace Tape. It adds a look of charm and elegance without being too flashy.
If you’re looking for even more tape inspiration, the internet has an abundance! Pinterest especially has some beautiful images (we just searched “washi tape ideas” for the search below.
Some of our favorites include DIY twist ties, gift wrap/tags, coasters, and taping down a car track for the younger ones!
What’s your favorite thing you’ve DIY’ed with tape? Tell us in the comments!
Start your festive July 4th bash with this fun and patriotic ice pop-themed party invitation! Download the instructions and get crafting for your USA tribute!
- How-To PDF
- A6 Royal Blue Flat Card
- A6 Red Envelope
- Pure White Text Weight Paper
- VersaMark Watermark Inkpad
- Aqua Embossing Powder
- Ice Pop Rubber Stamp
- Uniball White Gel Pen
- Holiday Stickles
- Embossing Heat Tool
- Download How-To
- At the bottom of card, stamp three ice pops with VersaMark ink and apply Aqua embossing powder.
- Set the embossing powder using the heat tool.
- Fill in center section of ice pops with white pen.
- Use X-Mas Red stickles to accent top portion of ice pops and allow to dry.
- Format your invite text to fit into a 4″ w x 3 3/4″ h rectangle.
- Trim out text layer and adhere to stamped card.