If you’re looking for a quick and easy idea that still packs a punch, look no further than a roll of paper tape (sometimes called Washi tape). As functional as it is trendy, this removable, repositionable tape adheres to a variety of surfaces, including paper, glass, plastic and metal. Often transparent, this decorative accent will add cool factor to crafting creations large and small.
We put our thinking caps on to detail a few of the many uses of this whimsical wonder:
- Add decorative flair to personalized Christmas card creations
- Use as an artful accent on a simply wrapped gift
- Dress up boring shipping boxes
- Adhere to magnets to add interest to a humdrum refrigerator
- Colorfully secure fold over treat bags
- Keep track of whose is whose by designing dandy drinking straw flags
- Make a mod impression with playful photo corners
We even whipped up a few holiday samples to show how these decorative tapes can accent the season.
What are some other great ways to unleash the decorative potential of washi tape?
P.S. — check out our No Carve Pumpkin How-To for another easy paper tape idea!