I’m always challenging myself to find new ways to customize our favor boxes – they’re wonderful for so many occasions. Experimenting with our pillow favor box, I discovered that our ivory linen bookcloth worked perfectly for creating a Halloween mummy party favor. I love the color and texture, and tearing the bookcloth into strips makes it look like the real deal!
Create a bunch of these party favors to fill with yummy treats for your Halloween guests!
Pillow Favor Box Luxe Fino White
8 1/2″ x 11″ Ivory Inkjet Linen Bookcloth
1 1/4″ Gravel Circle Labels
8 1/2″ x 11″ Red Text Weight Paper
1″ Circle Hole Punch
1/8″ Super Tacky Tape
1. Begin to assemble the pillow favor box as instructed, but close only one end. The closed end will be the bottom of the mummy.
2. With scissors, cut slits into the linen bookcloth measuring approximately 1″ x 8 1/2″. Tear into strips being sure to clean off any excess paper backing.
3. Apply glue stick generously to the backs of the strips and cover the favor box in a criss-cross and overlapping pattern. Trim the edges.
4. Once the bookcloth has been applied, stick gravel circle labels in place as eyes. With a 1″ circle hole punch, punch out 2 round circles from red text weight paper and adhere with glue stick on top of gravel stickers as red eyeballs.
5. Cover the top and bottom portions of the eyes with linen strips and trim excess from sides.
6. Fill with candy!