Our new India-inspired prints really got us thinking of summer– and what kinds of crafts and party decorations we could dream up for warm-weather celebrations. Using bright colors, including our vibrant new Fuchsia, we created these simple paper lanterns. They look great hanging from anywhere, adding a colorful touch to any outdoor occasion!
Exterior sheet (outside frame of lantern)
1. Cut text weight sheet of one color down to a 10″ x 20″ piece. Fold each of the 10″ ends down 2″ to create a crease, then unfold.
2. Using craft knife and ruler, make vertical cuts between fold lines at roughly 1/2″ intervals.
Interior sheet (inside tube of lantern)
1. Cut text weight sheet of second color down to a 11″ x 15″ piece. Apply double-sided tape to the edge of one of the 15″ ends.
2. To form cylinder, roll paper into tube with 2″ overlap, adhering with taped end.
Combining exterior and interior
1. Apply double-sided tape to 10″ (creased) ends of exterior sheet.
2. Starting at one end, stick fringed exterior to top of rolled tube using seam of tube as a starting point & guide. Repeat at bottom of tube until complete.
3. To hang, punch 1/8″ holes on either side of lantern top. Bend floral wire and hook ends in place.