Posts Tagged 4th of July crafts
Independence Day is just around the corner, with just enough time to spruce up your place with some patriotic details! Our favorite crafting tool might surprise you….straws!
These red and white paper straws are bright and cheerful, and work in three different crafts! We originally drew inspiration from a Straw Wreath How-To we’ve featured on our blog before. Although it was originally meant for Christmas, we love that all you need to change about this is the ribbon color (try Royal or Lake) and you have a whole new look that screams U-S-A. (Check out the step by step instructions here.)
If you’re looking for something simpler, try one of our favorite summer kits, the Nautical Sailboat Kit to add a little playfulness to your bash. These are fun to make with kids, and make great place cards, too!
We also love this classic Paper Bag Pinwheels Kit for a timeless and whimsical addition to decor. Best of all, you can reuse these for future occasions!
In need of more crafty ideas or patriotic decor for your 4th of July bash? Head over to our Pinterest page and get inspired!
Start your festive July 4th bash with this fun and patriotic ice pop-themed party invitation! Download the instructions and get crafting for your USA tribute!
- How-To PDF
- A6 Royal Blue Flat Card
- A6 Red Envelope
- Pure White Text Weight Paper
- VersaMark Watermark Inkpad
- Aqua Embossing Powder
- Ice Pop Rubber Stamp
- Uniball White Gel Pen
- Holiday Stickles
- Embossing Heat Tool
- Download How-To
- At the bottom of card, stamp three ice pops with VersaMark ink and apply Aqua embossing powder.
- Set the embossing powder using the heat tool.
- Fill in center section of ice pops with white pen.
- Use X-Mas Red stickles to accent top portion of ice pops and allow to dry.
- Format your invite text to fit into a 4″ w x 3 3/4″ h rectangle.
- Trim out text layer and adhere to stamped card.
You’ll cheer for this festive how-to. Use these tissue pom poms for your 4th of July celebration or change colors for your own special event.
Tiffany, in our Invitations Department, ignited enthusiasm for the upcoming holiday with festive 4th of July favor bags featuring Chicago’s famed Garrett Popcorn and a little Paper Source flair… or flare in this case.
Using red and white paper straws, solid paper (in Night) and decorative cord, Tiffany created a mini firework adornment for a favor bag that pops. She showed off her sparkling personality with a little message printed on Paper Bag circle labels.
Last week, Paper Source store locations used the Silhouette CAMEO Electronic Cutting Tool to create vintage-inspired subway art posters. Teams were provided with a list of phrases and words and were instructed to maintain a red, white, and blue color order from top to bottom.
Check out nearly 40 inventive store window concepts, like this one, on Pinterest! We invite you to pin or like your favorite patriotic poster concept. A winner will be named on July 4th.
Cheers to your red, white and blue inspiration!
Looking to add a little pizazz to your upcoming patriotic party? Try your hand at these star-spangled wands that are sure to be a hit amongst your little ones!
- 4th of July Star & Ribbon Wands How-to PDF
- Star Die Cut Cards
- Red & White Paper Straws
- Red Adhesive Crystals
- Crystal Stickers Elements-Silver
- White Glitter Tape
- Silver Glitter Tape
- 6mm Satin Ribbon in Night or add decorative ribbon of your choice
- Rouge Glitter Ribon and/or Silver Glitter Ribbon
- Double Stick Tape or Glue Stick
- Zots Dots-Memory Large
- Create your star wand by cutting and layering different colored star shapes and/or embellishing star shapes with adhesive gems and glitter tape as desired.
- Cut ribbons in a variety of colors and lengths.
- Tie the individual ribbon lengths to the top of the straw.
- Secure embellished star shape to straw with glue dots.
Fun to bring along to a parade, or to add some festive flair to your 4th of July celebration!
Don’t just decorate your home for the holidays… Adorn your party guests too with this festive 4th of July lei! It’s a great way to add a patriotic touch to anyone’s outfit!
Have a happy AND safe Independence Day!