Posts Tagged kids crafts
Ready to decorate some Easter eggs? If you’re looking for unique ways to style your shells this Easter, here are some options we’re in love with.
Monogram it! We love the idea of personalizing eggs, either as a way to sign your creation, or as a special way to Easter egg hunt (like the first person to find letters that create a word, wins). Here are two ways to get the look.
1. After dying, place a Gold Glitter Alphabet Sticker on for a quick and easy finish! (pictured above)
2. If you want to step up your alphabet game, try placing an Alphabet Sticker on before dying your egg. When the dye is dry, remove the sticker and use a White Uniball pen to create a design. (pictured below)
Create dimension. After dying your eggs, use Stickles glitter glue to create a raised and shimmering design. Or, doodle on the surface with White Uniball and puffy pastel Souffle Pens and add the Stickles for a sparkly finishing touch!
Washi time! And lastly, one of our favorite (and one of the easiest!) ways to decorate eggs is by simply applying washi tape in a unique design. We used Twist Cord, Patch Tsugihagi, Gold Dot and Metallic washi tapes.
Claudia, a member of the Paper Source Design Team, creates many of our terrific kits. Today, she offers up a project that is perfect for back-to-school. Learn to make an extra-special Chalkboard Pencil Box using one of our paper maché boxes.
Start with the following materials:
- Paint top, sides and inside (optional) of pencil box using chalkboard paint and poly brush. Paint 2-3 coats, allowing box to fully dry in between coats.
- Decorate with washi tape as desired.
- Use a ruler and pencil to mark the center of the box approximately 1/2″ in from the bottom edge of the lid and on the front side of the box, approximately 1/2″ from the bottom.
- Punch holes and thread a length of ribbon through each hole, securing ribbons in place with knots on the inside.
- Prior to use, rub the entire surface you will be writing on with chalk.
- Wipe off and use chalk to write desired name, message or a design of your own!
- Now your custom box is ready to fill with back-to-school goodies!
With a craft this easy, you can make one for all of your kids. (And maybe the teacher, too. Who knows? There may be bonus points awarded!)
Easter is March 31! Celebrate with this egg-stra special garland! Decorate and display the Egg Garland Kit on a wall, mantel or doorway.
This colorful garland is 10 feet long and features 12 eggs, each 4 1/2″ x 6 1/4″. The kit includes pre-cut shapes, papers, ribbon, stickers and templates for creating our sample… but it’s also fun to customize with your own style using paper cuts, stickers and other embellishments.
You can even grab individual die-cut eggs for additional accents or coordinating craft ideas.
This Easter craft is a colorful addition to any home and the perfect kit for beginners or the time-strapped crafter.
See this and other Easter Kits online.
If you enjoy handmade creations — crafts that give you a chance to add your own personal style — we have Easter card making ideas online, like the egg, chick and carrot cards featured above.
The Easter egg cups (also shown above) are easy to modify with your favorite PS colors and embellishments. Find this and other craft inspiration on the PS Blog.
Springtime always makes us crazy for daisies! The Daisy Wreath Kit is the perfect accent to mark today’s changing season. Crisp white daisies paired with clover green leaves feel spring fresh.
Make this wreath on a rainy afternoon and enjoy the cheer it brings! Adorn your front door, hang above a mantel or display in a window.
Daisy inspiration extends to our custom products too! Shop a variety of invitations, stationery and gifts featuring this happy sign of spring. We even have a few fine paper varieties that show off this lovely bloom.
See these and more daisy-inspired products online.
Today also brings Spring showers… and not just rain showers that offer ample time to craft and create. Many of our customers are also looking for baby, bridal and wedding shower gifts. Shop by recipient, category or price easily from our new Gifts page. Or, ask an associate at your local store for assistance. We’re always happy to help you create something unique.
Looking to add a little pizazz to your upcoming patriotic party? Try your hand at these star-spangled wands that are sure to be a hit amongst your little ones!
- 4th of July Star & Ribbon Wands How-to PDF
- Star Die Cut Cards
- Red & White Paper Straws
- Red Adhesive Crystals
- Crystal Stickers Elements-Silver
- White Glitter Tape
- Silver Glitter Tape
- 6mm Satin Ribbon in Night or add decorative ribbon of your choice
- Rouge Glitter Ribon and/or Silver Glitter Ribbon
- Double Stick Tape or Glue Stick
- Zots Dots-Memory Large
- Create your star wand by cutting and layering different colored star shapes and/or embellishing star shapes with adhesive gems and glitter tape as desired.
- Cut ribbons in a variety of colors and lengths.
- Tie the individual ribbon lengths to the top of the straw.
- Secure embellished star shape to straw with glue dots.
Fun to bring along to a parade, or to add some festive flair to your 4th of July celebration!
No one is more excited about the holiday season than your kids, and we have the perfect outlet for their joy and laughter. This weekend our stores are hosting a Kids Holiday Crafting Play Day where your kids and their friends can celebrate the season with festive paper crafts. Using a few of our new holiday kits and our assortment of embellishments, young crafters will create jolly keepsakes to adorn your home or your holiday packages.
Your kids will walk away with gnomes, mushrooms, elves and other colorful creations and you enjoy 10% off of purchases made that day. It’s a play day for crafters of all ages!
Kids Holiday Crafting Play Day
Saturday, November 19th
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (local time)
For more information or to register, visit our website.
Remember, sign up with a friend (or siblings) and save $5 off the price of both tickets. Kids ages 8 and under require an adult chaperone – contact your local store to inquire.
When thunderstorms, heat waves or snow days keep the kids indoors lean on us to help you weather the storm. We went through our archives to find a few kid-friendly crafts that will keep you from getting caught in the rain.
Being the mom/stepmom of three boys, the thought of hosting twelve boys (ages 7-11), at the Evanston store terrified me! How would we keep these boys engaged in the crafts we wanted them to test? (Especially since we planned to sugar them up with donuts during the hour they were with us!) As it turns out, the boys LOVED to craft!
Quiet and hard working, they started by testing our Ninja Kit concept. (Due in stores this Fall thanks to the overwhelming response from the boys!) This interactive kit creates puppet-like ninjas with jointed arms and legs for action-packed battles!
A few of my Paper Source colleagues are getting up at 3 a.m. to watch the royal wedding, so I thought it would be fun to transform our paper crowns into something our friends across the pond would appreciate. So, in celebration of tomorrow’s momentous occasion, here is a paper crown that pays homage to Great Britain.
This is what you need to create one for yourself:
Decorate your Easter table or start an Easter project for the kiddies with these lovable little lambs! This idea is great for baby showers too!