This classic craft can be amped up using colored paper and rubber stamps. White ink, like Versamagic White Cloud, is one of our fave colors to use for this.
1. Begin with any color text weight paper. Have fun mixing and matching different colors. Cut text paper to 5 1/4″ squares.
2. Fold paper twice, corner to corner, creating four triangles. Punch an 1/8″ hole on the left side of each fold near the corner.
3. Using fold line as guide, cut from each corner towards center of square up to about 1/2″ from center. Punch 1/8″ hole in center of square.
4. Rubber stamp image all over one or both sides of square (here we used the Dancing Star Medium rubber stamp). Allow ink to dry.
5. Using a pencil as your anchor (be sure it has an eraser), gather each hole-punched corner to center of square and secure in place with thumbtack pushed into pencil eraser at the back of the pinwheel.
6. Dress up pencils by cutting 1 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ stripes of text paper, and twirling down the length of the pencil. Secure top and bottom of strips with a dab of double stick tape.
Enjoy these at a summer party or a day at the park!